- Mohan is an expert on corporate governance and accounting. Mr. Pai is currently Chairperson of Manipal Universal Learning.
- He was Member of the Board and Director-Human Resources, Education and Research and Administration at Infosys Technologies Limited. Mr. Pai has served as a member of several committees constituted by the Government of India, the Reserve Bank of India and SEBI, and served on the Board of SEBI. He is also a trustee of the International Accounting Standards Committee Foundation, the body that oversees the International Accounting Standards Board. He won the Best CFO in India award from Finance Asia in 2002, and Best Chief Financial Officer in India in the Best Managed Companies poll conducted by AsiaMoney in 2004.
- He is a Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA) and Law graduate.
- Shankar is an expert on corporate accounting, treasury, ethics and corporate governance. He consults to select companies in the area of corporate finance and business strategy. He is also a visiting faculty at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and at the Union Bank Staff Training College.
- He was with Wipro Limited from 1985 to 2003. He was the Corporate Treasurer of Wipro from 1995 to 2003 where he was heading Investor Relations, Treasury operations and Accounting. He was part of the core team responsible for the listing of Wipro on the New York Stock Exchange. Between 2003 to 2006, he headed the Technology Initiatives and Academic and Pedagogy function at the Azim Premji Foundation.
- He has authored the book: “Corporate Disclosures: The Origin of Financial and Business Reporting 1553-2007 AD”, published by Routledge.
- He is a Chartered Accountant and Law graduate.